This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Ipconfig Problem

9 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

Recently I discovered that I had a problemwith my Ipconfig. When ever I wanted to release or renew my ip, a message would appear saying "Ipconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Also a screenshot:

[external image: Posted Image]

Please I need help to resolve this, I've searched on google but couldn't find a working solution.

Thanks,

Silent Kill
Thanks for the reply, but I tried that and it said the same thing about about "netsh". My Ipconfig was working fine a few weeks ago but now suddenly this happened. Silent Kill
Silent Kill,

Please check here:
  • Start
  • Run
  • type 'services.msc' without the quote
  • Check if DHCP Client is started
  • If not, right click on the drop down menu, set it to automatic
  • Make sure it is started on the left
Report back if that helped please.

best regards,

Edit: My apologies, it is 'services.msc' without the quote

Not recognized as an internal or external command

, may be indicating that your NIC (network interface card, or network adapter) needs to have the drivers installed or reinstalled because of corruption.

Please perform the following commands:

Start - Run

in the Run box (type)cmd - Press - Enter

In the DOS Box that now appears, go to the blinking cursor - (type)ipconfig /all <– notice the required space between "g" and "/"

Once that command is executed and the display changes to display your IPConfiguration…

Right click on any empty portion of the blue bar at the top of this black window

Select - Edit - then click on - Select All
Next
Select - Edit - Copy

Return to this Forum Thread and "Paste" the copied information into your next reply (use Edit - Paste or ctrl-v)

We'll have a look at your present situation and be able to give you more informed recommendations.

Best Regards
tallin, I tried run > services.msn, but unfortunately, no such file could be found. and Doug, Any command that is incorporated with "Ipconfig" is not recognized :(
Check for yellow or red warnings related to Network Adapters in your Device Manager. Most likely need to reinstall that Driver for Network Adapter Could be other causes, but rule out the above please. Doug
To display your Running and Stopped Services, you can post a log from CodeStuff Starters.

Here's how:

Please consider running this simple utility that will help you get control of programs and processes that you wish to have running active, or not.

CodeStuff-Starters
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/Starter.html

Download and install, agreeing to the licensing terms and allow to install with all of the default settings as preselected in the installation wizard.

When you finally allow CodeStuff-Starters to run
Select - Services Tab
  • Click on File
  • Select - save as HTML (name the report file – Services Dec5.txt)

In your next reply, post the file as an attached file (use browse and upload buttons – at the bottom-right corner of your topic posting window where you are typing your next reply)


Please do not make any changes with Code-Stuff Starters, until after you post the requested information above and receive recommendations from a helper here.

Best Regards

tallin,

I tried run > services.msn, but unfortunately, no such file could be found.

and Doug,

Any command that is incorporated with "Ipconfig" is not recognized :(


I am sorry, I was wrong with my instruction, I apologise, is should have been 'services.msc' without the quote.

How about any warnings in Device Manager?


Sorry, but I do not know how to get to that and check. Please teach me how.

Thanks,

Silent Kill
Hi again,

Please do this to find Device Manager:
  • Right Click My Computer icon on your desktop
  • Properties
  • Hardware
  • Device Manager
You will see if there are yellow or red warning there so post back your results please.

best regards,
Just tried it, everything seems to be running smoothly, (meaning there was no red or yellow signals) Silent Kill

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI