This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

'Normalize' music on you tube videos

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have downloaded videos from youtube and put them on dvd, originally for posterity, but I have found I can actually play them on a dvd player. I expected them to just be data files. My problem is that the audio height in them is not all the same so I have to put the volume up/down, depending on the video and I was wondering if there was a programme that would normalize them all, either on the hard drive or while on the dvd. Hope this topic is appropriate on this forum. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
Hi hedley93,

You raise an interesting questions about what is a common experience.

On the internet one browses to, or clicks on a link, to a YouTube vid, and after the first few visits, the visitor recognizes that in order to enjoy it, it is necessary to fiddle with the volume. Then advancing to the next vid of interest listed in the same catalog of YouTube, it is necessary to fiddle with the volume again to enjoy the presentation.

Bummer!

YouTube doesn't set technical parameters for recording and editing volume.
Heck, it's amazing enough that they manage to display the offerings of literally millions of contributors, as well as they already do.

Sweet!

Now a comment in response to your question… [external image: Posted Image]

Since the contents of YouTube offerings "belong" to YouTube, it is a violation of their "terms of use" and "digital media rights" and in some cases "copywrite" regulations.

YouTube is designed to be enjoyed online, in the format presented by YouTube.
Do people rip YouTube vids? Sure they do.
Is is "legal"? Nope.

Does WTT Forums support activities that violate the above mentioned regulations? [external image: Posted Image]

It's OK to ask such questions.
For heaven's sake, how would you know, if you didn't ask?
But our helpers here will not provide assistance to improve the listening or viewing pleasure of an activity that violates the rules as mentioned above.

No-harm - no-foul to you hedley93…….. but no help either. [external image: Posted Image]

Thanks for being a member here at WTT. I hope to see you around even more. :)

Best Regards
Hi, ok, I'll consider my knuckles rapped. :blush: Thanks for the response. I'm sure you will see me back here often, as you can tell I need a lot of advice!! hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI