This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Computer Freezes at Welcome Screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello all, I have Windows XP Home Edition with SP2….when I log on to my PC it freezes up and I can't log in thru the Welcome Screen…I remember when I did a Trend Virus Scan it informed me that I had a Trojan virus………HELP!!! I really need assistance in repair this problem! Thanks in advance! :pullhair:
In addition, I went into safe mode and did a virus scan and at the end of each scan there is an error message <>> For example: Scanning C:\Documents and Setting\JRM\Local Settings\…..\UsrClass.dat-> <>> is at the end of each scanned document…..Once the scan was complete, it displayed a text document called "Virus Scan" I opened it and it said no virus were found 0 potential….