This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Virus on my computer! As soon as I get to desktop it makes my comp

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have a computer virus on my computer and when I start it up and it gets to the desktop it makes the computer automatically restart. :pullhair: Which means I can't produce any logs from my computer like GMER, or HijackThis. So, I really need you help! :) :)
are you able to get into safe mode? reboot > start pressing F8 repeatedly upon start-up until an advanced menu appears > arrow up to "Last Known Good Configuration" > select it and boot are you now able to boot. If not can you enter safe mode with networking? reboot and tap F8 repeatedly till the advanced option menu appears again, this time arrow up to "Safe Mode with Networking" and select it> can you boot? Please try and describe exactly what happens > do you get an error message? Blue screen? at what stage did your computer start to do this? were you removing malware on your own and then this started? Please try and be as specific as possible

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI