I'm running a windows vista, and randomly my laptop will just shutdown out of nowhere. Like the power button was just pushed. This has happened in the past quite a few times. When I try to start it up again, it'll start to run, but before anything comes on screen it'll just quit again. After a few tries it'll be just fine but sometimes I have to come back later. My computer is up to date, I just got my HJT Log check and nothing's there, and I don't think it's over heating 'cause it doesn't feel that hot and my fan seems to be running fine.
Any suggestions? Thanks for you help!
Howdy,
Just a couple of quick thoughts. Does the laptop power down when connected to your electrical adapter or just when using battery? Have you been using the laptop for an extended period of time and then hooking it up to recharge? I would be surprised if while on AC it would not be able to start correctly even if the battery is completely discharged, but with the huge amount of notebooks with different engineering out there I could be wrong. Batteries can fail surprisingly quickly, especially if they have been subjected to high temperatures such as being left in a car on a hot day. Usually when I see problems like this it has to do either with the battery or the notebook not reading the battery level correctly. Try checking your power settings as well. Also, what type of battery do you have, NiMH, NiCad, etc . . . On some battery types like NiCad you can get a "memory effect" although most notebooks now use batteries that do not have this problem or have software/hardware that reconditions the battery while charging.
Best Regards
Ravius