This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

No programs opening!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a compaq presario notebook (windows xp). Every program I try to open, I either get "Choose the program you want to open file with" or "application not found", even got one program that said I uninstalled it. I didnt. Ive ran my AVG virus scan numerous times. Its found nothing. Same goes for my SuperAntiSpyware, nothing. I posted in the "General" section, someone suggested Im infected, and to post here. I even tried "System Restore" only to get to the same point when restarted…"Choose the program…etc." to open the rstrui.exe file. I only have 27 processes running. I usually have 49 or so. Any ideas?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI