This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Startup trouble

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a compaq presario notebook (windows xp). All of a sudden when I started it up this morning, it just took forever. I ran a virus check with AVG. It showed up a few things, (3) and then was healed. I started my cpu up this evening and was very fast. However not everthing loaded the same. The bottom tool bar was missing a few things (including the arrow). I checked the processes, and only 27 were running, Usually theres about 49! I tried to find my SuperAntiSpyware. When I tried to run it, it said "not found". Went to programs and started it from there, and that message came up, "Choose the program you want to open file with". This message then came up with every program I tried running! I got on the net by using "Favorites". Any idea whats going on? Thanks in advance
It sounds like your machine is infected. I would go to the malware forum here first, and come back to this forum after you get a clean bill of health.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI