This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

programs won't load, start bar disappeared...help please

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been trying to load programs on my home pc a XP Pro system. I iget a error box (0x800706ba) when I tried to load defenza (anti-trojan) Also the other day my start bar has disappeared. Think I got a bad bug and can't get a program to load to clean it. The anti-virus and ad-ware I have on there clean but don't detect this creature. Please offer suggestions. Thanks
Hi,
If you suspect you have an infected system then it would be wise to go here:
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
and post a HijackThis log so that the experts in that forum can take a look and provide detailed advice and information on how to proceed.

Whilst waiting for a trained adviser to respond to your log it might be sensible to enter the error code (0x800706ba) into a search engine and carry out a spot of research to see if it can shed any light on your problem.
You could start with www.google.com and then take it from there.
Regards
paws

I have been trying to load programs on my home pc a XP Pro system. I iget a error box (0x800706ba) when I tried to load defenza (anti-trojan)

Also the other day my start bar has disappeared. Think I got a bad bug and can't get a program to load to clean it. The anti-virus and ad-ware I have on there clean but don't detect this creature.

Please offer suggestions.

Thanks


This same thing happened to me this week…did you ever get any help from this board?
I haven't gotten anything that will help clean the computer up. I am currently running another scan on it to see if it picks up anything. I am about 1 or 2 steps from wiping the hard drive and losing everything on it… It won't let me save to a floppy,cd, or even e-mail anything. It is the worse trojan or virus that I can ever remember. If you find out naything let me know. Thanks
Hi outhere65,

I notice that you have posted in the
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27
but you have not included a HiJackThis log.
The above forum is exactly where you should be posting your HiJackThis log (HJTlog) (see instructions on the forum if you are unsure how to do this.)

This HJT log will enable a trained adviser to "see" what is going on inside your computer and provide you with detailed instructions and advice.
Regards
paws
Hi zz987

If you have a virus or suspected malware infection then its best for you to go here:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27

and post a HiJackThis log (HJT log)(full instructions are given on how to do this on the above forum)

A trained adviser will be able to analyse your log and provide you with detailed instructions /advice on how to proceed.
Regards
paws

Hi zz987

If you have a virus or suspected malware infection then its best for you to go here:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showforum=27

and post a HiJackThis log (HJT log)(full instructions are given on how to do this on the above forum)

A trained adviser will be able to analyse your log and provide you with detailed instructions /advice on how to proceed.
Regards
paws


Thank you for your reply :wavey: after my computer crashed I searched the internet for "programs won't load, start bar disappeared" and this thread came up. I will read into the thread that you posted. I've never done a HJT log but I will figure it out. Thanks!

I haven't gotten anything that will help clean the computer up. I am currently running another scan on it to see if it picks up anything.

I am about 1 or 2 steps from wiping the hard drive and losing everything on it… It won't let me save to a floppy,cd, or even e-mail anything.

It is the worse trojan or virus that I can ever remember.

If you find out naything let me know.

Thanks


I've decided to reload my operating system. Thankfully I never save files on my computer. I keep them all on a seperate hard drive in case something like this happens. But I want to know what virus my computer caught…in order to prevent it from happening again <_<

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI