This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Uninstall AVG 7.5

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently uninstalled AVG antivirus v7.5 along with AVG/Ewido antimalware and AVG/Ewido rootkit. I want to install AVG v8, but when trying the install it hangs up on shellhook.dll, a remaining component of Ewido. I haven't found a way to get this out of the way so that I may install the new AVG version. Can anyone help, please?
Hi, This situation sometimes happens when you try to uninstall an Application when it (or parts of it ) are/is still running in memory. The easiest solution is to reinstall Ewido, close down your machine, wait 30 seconds with a blank black screen and then restart it and after stopping ewido from running (from the notification area-close it down completely) then uninstall it again and this time, hopefully the uninstall will be complete. Close down your machine again and wait 30 seconds with a blank black screen…restart your machine and try the install of AVG 8. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI