This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't uninstall Ewido

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had loaded Ewido years ago on my Win2000 Pro OS. I uninstalled it when I installed AVG. Now I want to install an upgrade AVG7.5 to AVG8.5 but it won't install b/c it says I still have Ewido on my system. I don't see Ewido in Add/Remove programs. I see increments of it when I do a SEARCH, but can't uninstall it. I use KillBox but can't find the correct address in C Drive.
Edited by paws, please make sure you have backed up your Registry before making any changes, if you have not done so then see futher posting

Open Start -> Run… and write "regedit.exe" (without quotes). Then you open the Registry Editor and locate the ewido keys. The keys can be found in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
e.g.:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ewido
or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ewido anti-spyware
for AVG AS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Grisoft\AVGAntiSpyware
and then remove only this Key.

DO NOT remove other keys in the registry, only this ewido key.
Hi, before making any changes to the Registry its wise to back it up, so in the event of unintended consequencs the situation can be dealt with easily.
A useful tool for backing up (and restoring) the Registry can be found here:
http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/ERUNT/erunt.html

Thanks Maniac for your assistance on this one, and a very warm welcome to you from WTT
:welcome:
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI