This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Documents: Access Denied!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have some documents from a user that i need to access. Sadly the user of these documents had been deleted.

So today i went to access these documents but it saying: Access Denied. :huh:

I then found out that the Documents were classified Private so no other use can access it.

My question is can you access it from another user or make it non private from another user? :unsure:
It mentions that i should go into Safe Mode because i have XP Home Edition.

But I am unable to do so as I can't run Safe Mode. Im not sure if this is usual but before i log on it comes up with this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS\System\Drivers\Mup.sys

its also comes up with a lot more except it just replaces Mup.sys with something else.

And when i go to log on its restarts itself, and when i log on Normally it comes up with a message:

Windows has recovered from a critical error

With Send or Don't Send buttons.

So that Web page was useless to me. :huh:
Hi again caboose221 Hmm, strange error. Not one I've encountered before. That said, you might need to wait for the malware experts have had a look at your log. Its unwise to change to much in the meantime, as any change will alter the logs. Another possibility, is that it will be fixed during your possible malware removal. If not, I have to investigate that error some more, or maybe someone comes by with some useful advice. Regards Abydos
Hanging at MUP.sys during boot is not good because it is only an indication that "something" is not right - often a hardware/driver issue, but can also be a corrupt Windows installation. It may also be a sign of worse things to come. I strongly urge you to backup any critical data before anything else.

This problem is not normally caused by malware, but since malware can corrupt system files, malware cannot be ruled out. However, often by this time, the damage is done and removing the malware does not fix the mup.sys hanging problem.

Because hanging at mup.sys can be caused by many things, troubleshooting is often difficult and frustrating, and sadly, is often not "fixed" - but rather resolved by drastic actions (format/reinstall - last resort efforts to be avoided if at all possible).

Check out Recovering from mup.sys boot hangs for possible solutions.
Thanks :). I'll be sure to check it out, I have had my user nearly lost after i went to log on one day and it froze so i turned it off by the 5 second hold down button thing and i logged on it then appeared that my computer had a critical error and my Documents had been Backed Up and had been replaced with a TEMP documents, i got most of my data and created a new user, but i forgot to copy a important folder with all my installation files in it :smack: . and that's what I'm trying to recover.
See this post by Happyrck for how to boot Puppy Linux , a Linux Live CD. It might allow you access to the file/folder you need.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Help-Window…21#entry1197721

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI