Hi, This is my first forum. I am In the process of building a new gaming computer, Just waiting on my parts (6 days already) . This will be my FIRST BUILD and I am a little nervous about this. Are there any good articles and or videos on this subject. I have tried utube. Also, This Is what another computer help forum recommended as far as component parts for my build, I am a little concerned about the power supply. What do you guys think about the components list? I went with a 500gb hard drive, and can you give me any hinter on my build? Thanks. ok heres a components list with a budget of $1500
***ALL PRICES RETRIEVED FROM WWW.NCIX.COM***
Motherboard: EVGA 780i SLI link
CPU: Intel E8400 link
Graphics card: 9800GTX link
RAM: OCZ SLI-Ready DDR2 1066 2Gb (2*1Gb sticks) link
HDD: Seagate 250gb 7200 RPM link
Optical drive: LG DVD Burner link
Case: Antec 900 gamer case link
Power Supply: Corsair 620HX link
That's a nice hard drive with plenty of power - Use the eXtreme PSU Calculator Lite to verify your power supply unit (PSU) requirements. Plug in all the hardware you think you might have in 2 or 3 years (extra drives, bigger or 2nd video card, more RAM, etc.). Be sure to read and heed the notes at the bottom. I recommend you set Capacitor Aging to 30%, and if you participate in distributive computing projects (e.g. BOINC or Folding@Home), I recommend setting TDP to 100%. Research your video card and pay particular attention to the power supply requirements listed on your video card maker's website for your card. Then look for power supply brands listed under the "Good" column of PC Mechanic's PSU Reference List. Ensure the supplied amperage on the +12V rails of your chosen PSU meets the requirements of your video card. Don't try to save a few dollars by getting a cheap supply. Digital electronics, including CPUs, RAM, and today's advanced graphics cards, need clean, stable power. A good, well chosen supply will provide years of service and upgrade wiggle room. I strongly recommend you pick a supply with an efficiency rating equal to, or greater than 80%. And don't forget to buget for a good UPS with AVR (automatic voltage regulation).
I recommend you go out to your motherboard maker's site and download your motherboard manual and read up on it. See EVGA Downloads. Make sure you know all about TIM - thermal interface materials - standoffs, and ESD prevention.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI