PatsFan
Topic Starter
Yeah, so I have been looking into getting a new computer for a while now, and I would like some opinions on what I plan on getting. I want to spend under $1000, hopefully including the monitor. I'll show you what I got so far. The hard drive and power supply concern me the most, but still would like an opinion on everything else. Thanks in advance.
CPU: $109.45 (bestdirect.ca)
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Dual Core Processor
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/226969/HDZ555WFGMBOX/AMD/
Mother Board: $100.46 (bestdirect.ca)
Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 Motherboard
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/228693/G…-UD2H/Gigabyte/
Memory (RAM): $107.78 (bestdirect.ca)
OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum RAM - 4GB, 2x2GB, 1333MHz, DDR3, Low Voltage, Dual Channel
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/219850/O…Z%20Technology/
Video Card: $173.32 (bestdirect.ca)
XFX Radeon HD 5770 Video Card
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/222020/HD577AZNFC/XFX/
Case: $49.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Antec Three Hundred Mini Tower Gaming Case 300
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/155716/T…0HUNDRED/ANTEC/
Power Supply: $69.99 (tigerdirect.ca)
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea…;Sku=ULT-LSP650
Optical Drive: $19.72 (bestdirect.ca)
LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/217563/G…%20Electronics/
Hard Drive: $89.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/227170/W…tern%20Digital/
OS: $93.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/222137/G…0599/MICROSOFT/
CPU: $109.45 (bestdirect.ca)
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Dual Core Processor
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/226969/HDZ555WFGMBOX/AMD/
Mother Board: $100.46 (bestdirect.ca)
Gigabyte 880GM-USB3 Motherboard
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/228693/G…-UD2H/Gigabyte/
Memory (RAM): $107.78 (bestdirect.ca)
OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum RAM - 4GB, 2x2GB, 1333MHz, DDR3, Low Voltage, Dual Channel
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/219850/O…Z%20Technology/
Video Card: $173.32 (bestdirect.ca)
XFX Radeon HD 5770 Video Card
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/222020/HD577AZNFC/XFX/
Case: $49.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Antec Three Hundred Mini Tower Gaming Case 300
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/155716/T…0HUNDRED/ANTEC/
Power Supply: $69.99 (tigerdirect.ca)
Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea…;Sku=ULT-LSP650
Optical Drive: $19.72 (bestdirect.ca)
LG GH22NS50 Black 22X SATA DVD Writer OEM
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/217563/G…%20Electronics/
Hard Drive: $89.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/227170/W…tern%20Digital/
OS: $93.79 (bestdirect.ca)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64BIT DVD OEM
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/222137/G…0599/MICROSOFT/