This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Hiya Everyone

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I'm new to WTT. Interesting place. I'm hoping I can get the help I need to fix my computer. Everyone here seems extremely knowledgable and very adept with their advice and assistance. I picked up an Adware or something like that and I'm hoping the people here can help make sure my computer is cleaned. I live near Niagara Falls Ontario. I'm married with two sons aged 2 years and 2 months. I definately have a handfull right now. It's too bad because I would love to take the training course to be able to help others. Unfortunately I don't have the time. There was a time when I could fix my own computer. I learned using DOS and at one time you could still use DOS to change files, etc. Now a days it's completely different. I have Windows Vista and I'm still learning how to navigate it. I'm looking forward to the advice and assistance that I receive. Thanks to all.
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: I noticed that you have posted a log in the malware removal forum, so, now it will be just a case of waiting for a malware fighter to analyse your log and respond with their usual detailed advice and information. Right now the malware fighters are very busy with lots of folks who have troubles with malware on their machines, so if you can, please try and be patient (although I know this can be tough when you suspect an infection) One useful tip for you…………… the malware fighters look first for logs with Zero responses…so if you follow up on your post it looks to them as though you have been assisted by one of their colleagues…..and that could really cause a delay! Rest assured that a malware fighter will get to your post ,and assist you, as soon as they possibly can. Your knowledge of DOS operating systems and particularly the command line interface, could still be very useful ,even in this day of almost universal Win XP and Vista for home PC's……its surprising how, even now, we often use DOS like commands in the workshop to fix some stubborn problems. Post back here in this thread if you have anything to ask whilst you are waiting and we will do our best to help. Regards paws