This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good morning I have been trying to download and install Java but it will not run I have unstalled the old java and it still will not install can someone help me I have had this problem before and I just don't understand why I keep haveing this problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hi cmckee

Sorry you got troubles with Java.

Are you sure its the correct version you are trying to install?
To get the newest update of Java, go here: Link
You need to get the one named Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6, its number 5 on the list.
Download it to desktop.
Uninstall all old : Java, JRE and Java Webstart.
Reboot your machine.
Install new Java update.

See if that will work.

Some firewalls can/will block Java installs / downloads.
So one to try is doing it offline. (Remember to have downloaded desktop install version of Java first)
Remove connection to net.
Disable your firewall, follow the procedure given above.
Remember to turn on Firewall again before connecting to the net.

It can also be some other security application blocking for new install. So you might want to check that also.

Hope you get your Java updated.

Regards Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI