Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Strange Problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 coastalbuck

coastalbuck

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 05:52 AM

This is probably something stupid but here goes. I cannot play you tube videos or listen to baseball on MLB.com. You tube tells me it's a flash issue but I have it turned on and have tried to update it to no avail. Funny thing is, if I am on a site that links to you tube videos, like Google, filecabi.net,, flurl, liveleak, ect. all is good and the videos play. Still can't listen to baseball though and its killing me. I've been listening to the Reds for 40 years or so. Thanks in advance for any help. By the way, kudos to this site and the people on it. You've helped me with other systems and have done a wonderful job. :notworthy:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

Hi Coastalbuck

Sorry to hear you got problems.

What browser and mediaplayer are you using?

Instead of a flash problem, it might be a Java issue. Are you up to date with your Java and possible java-plugin for your browser?

To download lastest Java for go here: Java SE Downloads
Pick number 5 on the list named Java runtime enviroment JRE6 update 6 for end-users.
Save it to your desktop.
Uninstall all older version of Java / JRE in add / remove programs.
Reboot and install update JRE6

Regards Abydos

Edited by Abydos, 27 April 2008 - 06:50 AM.

Abydos

Asking for Technical Help

Preventing Malware Slow PC? Recovery Console!

"I am not young enough to know everything" - Oscar Wilde

#3 coastalbuck

coastalbuck

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

Add remove programs lists the following: Java 2 runtime environment SE v.1.4.1_02 Java webstart Java 6 Update 2 Java 6 update 3 Java 6 update 5 Do I remove them all? Thanks for the help

#4 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

Hi Coastalbuck :) Yes, you should uninstall all older entries. Java itself can't / won't uninstall older ones, thats why one have to do it manually. Remember to reboot before installing the new updated version. Java Webstart is included in the new update, so it might be wise to uninstall that aswell. Regards Abydos

Abydos

#5 coastalbuck

coastalbuck

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

I'll try that and post back asap. Thanks.

#6 coastalbuck

coastalbuck

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

Deleted all Java. Reinstalled and even updated Adobe, still nothing on You Tube or MLB audio. I wonder if it is something in my firefox settings???? Still stumped. :pullhair:

#7 Abydos

Abydos

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hi Coastalbuck

well....

Have a look at the Youtube help-center page regarding this issue: Youtube Helpcenter
See if there is something there you might have to adjust on your PC.

For settings in FF:

Tools, then options
Find the content tab
See if there is any restrictions there about running Java

Side-question: Do you have NoScript addon installed? If yes, check that Youtube and Ytimg.com are allowed to run script. (done by clicking the small "s" in the bottom right side)

Regards Abydos

Abydos