Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't download

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 12:21 PM

I've been trying to download Macro Media FlashPlayer and Active X controls without any success. This is the first time I've had a problem downloading anything.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

Clear your JAVA cache. Then make sure you have the most recent JAVA update.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:24 PM

I completed all your suggestions and still it was a no go.

#4 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:23 AM

firewall on??? and...do i know you? lPacerl???

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:12 AM

You may benefit from completely uninstalling MacroMedia Flash Player before attempting to install a newer version.

If the download/install process does not start automatically when you attempt to download/install, consider using the "Standalone Macromedia Flash Player installer".

Here: http://sdc.shockwave...ad/download.cgi?

If you are having trouble installing Shockwave Player or if installation does not begin automatically, download the standalone installer.

Are you attempting the download/installation on a Windows ME machine.
What Browser are you using?

Best Regards

#6 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:44 PM

As a matter of fact I do have a ME box. My browser is currently IE. I'll be in touch after the weekend, once I've tried these new suggestions.

#7 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:27 PM

Hi Pacer, I ask about Win ME, because MacroMedia says that it is compatible with Windows operating systems, and then at another location indicates it is for Win98, Win2000, and WinXP, without mentioning WinME. I don't know if this predicts difficulties for you with Win ME. IE is probably the most interactively compatible browser with MacroMedia, so you are on solid ground there. Upgrade both your ME and IE to the latest patches and upgrades available, including upgrade to IE 6.0 with service pack updates, before attempting to install MacroMedia. You might also want to keep in mind that MS is discontinuing support for Win98 and ME, thereby predicting a possible need to upgrade your operating system. Since I run Win98, I am also facing this consideration........and it ain't pretty. Best Regards

#8 Pacer

Pacer

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

Would switching browsers do any good.....for instance Firefox or am I pretty much screwed.

#9 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

Firefox comes highly recommended.
No harm in giving it a try.
Or consider Opera.

Best Regards

EDIT:
So, What version of Flash Player are you trying to install.
For instance, There may be a problem with MacroMedia Professional 8 and Flash Basic 8

it could be that Flash Player 8 is compatible, but the other parts/versions are not.
Here's what MacroMedia Flash version 8 says it's compatible with when running Windows Me:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x and above, AOL 9, Opera 7.11 and above

Note: The installation of Flash Player 8 may require a prior installation of the most recent QuickTime Player.
Here's an information source: http://www.adobe.com...nfo/systemreqs/

Beyond these bits of information, I'm not likely to be of much further help.

Edited by dough, 29 May 2006 - 04:28 PM.