This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't download

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been trying to download Macro Media FlashPlayer and Active X controls without any success. This is the first time I've had a problem downloading anything.
You may benefit from completely uninstalling MacroMedia Flash Player before attempting to install a newer version.

If the download/install process does not start automatically when you attempt to download/install, consider using the "Standalone Macromedia Flash Player installer".

Here: http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?

If you are having trouble installing Shockwave Player or if installation does not begin automatically, download the standalone installer.


Are you attempting the download/installation on a Windows ME machine.
What Browser are you using?

Best Regards
As a matter of fact I do have a ME box. My browser is currently IE. I'll be in touch after the weekend, once I've tried these new suggestions.
Hi Pacer, I ask about Win ME, because MacroMedia says that it is compatible with Windows operating systems, and then at another location indicates it is for Win98, Win2000, and WinXP, without mentioning WinME. I don't know if this predicts difficulties for you with Win ME. IE is probably the most interactively compatible browser with MacroMedia, so you are on solid ground there. Upgrade both your ME and IE to the latest patches and upgrades available, including upgrade to IE 6.0 with service pack updates, before attempting to install MacroMedia. You might also want to keep in mind that MS is discontinuing support for Win98 and ME, thereby predicting a possible need to upgrade your operating system. Since I run Win98, I am also facing this consideration……..and it ain't pretty. Best Regards
Firefox comes highly recommended.
No harm in giving it a try.
Or consider Opera.

Best Regards

EDIT:
So, What version of Flash Player are you trying to install.
For instance, There may be a problem with MacroMedia Professional 8 and Flash Basic 8

it could be that Flash Player 8 is compatible, but the other parts/versions are not.
Here's what MacroMedia Flash version 8 says it's compatible with when running Windows Me:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x and above, AOL 9, Opera 7.11 and above

Note: The installation of Flash Player 8 may require a prior installation of the most recent QuickTime Player.
Here's an information source: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/flashp…nfo/systemreqs/



Beyond these bits of information, I'm not likely to be of much further help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI