This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

copying DVD to harddrive

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

my kids have several DVD/CD that have games. The games require the DVD/CD to be in the drive. I only have the one DVD drive and kids are not careful with handling DVD/CD (they are only 3). I have a large hard drive so space is not an issue. Is their a free way of copying the DVD/CD to my hard drive so it runs off the hard drive?
Free, probably not a reliable. though I can tell you of some software that I use for all my imaging needs, and it's called "Alcahol 120%" this program is great, and one of it's best features, is the ability to load the image virtually. Check it out.
I am very active in a forum that almost got shut down because we assumed you had a "fair use" right to circumvent protection. The courts and lawyers disagreed drive emulation software, like packet writting and rootkit drivers are an accident waiting to happen
Hi again DaChew, I appreciate your expertise in this area of technology. I wonder if you'd be willing to expand on your comments here? Maybe you have already done so elsewhere in our Forums here at WTT and I haven't noticed. Sorry I haven't been keeping up on your posts the way I had wanted to. Nevertheless, any additional comments would be welcome. Doug

I wonder if you'd be willing to expand on your comments here?


Basically it's an issue of support, here in the USA you cannot support circumvention of copy protection scheme on games, movies, whatever

We supported a program called ripit4me that circumvented and made Sony's newest dvd movie protection arrcoss(sp) ineffective,
Sony reached a point where some of their own players would not play these movies. Alto the forum was served from Dallas, the owner lived in Australia, which had just passed an even stricter law for copyright protection.

Back on this threads topic, the person writting the nocd/dvd crack or the software for mounting the image would be on shakey ground, anyone supporting the circumvention would also, that would include any support furnished in a forum.

On the subject of virtual drive, drive emulation, low level filters, etc many of these are written to fool windows and games in a similar manner to how a rootkit maleware does. Over at the Imgburn forum we have seen examples where this has gotten so bad SPTI becomes corrupted and needs to be reinstalled(repaired)

I could go on with this for several pages but the gist is, forums are liable and game circumvention has it's dangerous aspects.

If you care to see how one program can mess up your computer google dvd43
Thanks DaChew,

I think you've made the point that I wanted kevin_czarnota and other readers to be made aware of.

Much Appreciated.
Doug

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI