This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

transferring a dvd to hard drive

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have some dvds that I would like to put on my hard drive. I'm sure it's not just a case of drag & drop using 'my computer'. Do I need software to do this and if so, what would it be? The dvds contain songs as well as spoken word if that matters. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
Hi Hedley,

Sounds like an interesting project.

There are so many software applications and hardware innovations that it is hard to say what is best.
Any responder to your question will surely have more experience than I in this kind of activity.
And you are likely going to get a recommendation based on what the responder uses them self, rather than what may be best.

There are legal pot-holes and technical preferences to consider.

I can't vouch for the following recommendation. but would suggest that you may benefit from searching similar:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/
Particularly this sub-forum: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/11
Thankyou Doug for your reply. Looks like there are some very interesting choices and I will be trying out quite a few over the next while. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI