This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Battle.net Issues

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I wasn't sure where this should be posted, so move it accordingly. I don't know _how_ to log onto the Blizzard support forums as whenever I click "I agree to the terms" it links me back to the same page I was at, so I'm going to post my issue here. I have both original version of Warcraft III Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne, I have them installed on my laptop, however whenever I try open Battle.net I get an error message which says that I am "unable to connect" and tells me that if I am on a dial up modem I might have to connect to the internet first etc. I have a cable connection, AND when I installed Warcraft III on my other computer (a desktop), it works fine and I can log onto Battle.net without any issues. The same message is given to me after I had installed Diablo II, saying that I am unable to connect. I have both games patched to 1.21b from the Blizzard web site. And I was reading around the net and some people were saying that it may be a trojan or some sort of virus. I have run AVG Free Antivirus and Ad-aware, and the ezTrust Antivirus tools but they have all found nothing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all games about 4 or 5 times now, and I have reset my server list as suggested by the Blizzard Support site and I have unblocked the ports which Blizzard said it needs. This is really aggravating me, thanks in advance.
Hi Spookie, From what I know of these issues. Most times the problem "unable to connect" is because of mis configured firewall rules. Sometimes when the patches roll out, you need to re-do the aloowing for the program to get thru the firewall. That is only one of several causes of the unable to connect error. I believe it's the laptop your trying to get to work with blizz, right? How does the laptop connect to the internet? (wireless to a router?) If your still having problems I might be able to suggest a few thing that might help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI