Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Connection Interrupted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DesertFoxx

DesertFoxx

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hello, I recently purchased a new computer as I just moved in to a new place. The system spec is: Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64-bit. Upon testing out the new computer (and cable set-up), I noticed that my internet connection keeps getting interrupted for a second, and then re-establishes connection on its own very quickly. I was able to notice this because I was downloading big files (~3 GB) from a website, and also because my on-line game keeps getting disconnected. I don't think this is virus related because I just set up this new computer 2 days ago with an anti-virus program preinstalled and running (and safe internet surfing). I am not sure if this is an issue with the cable set-up, computer, or both. Thank you in advance, Foxx

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hi Foxx, sorry to hear of the problem with your new computer. WOW! files of 3GB...are you using torrents for this by any chance? Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate