This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox can't find the server at........

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an Acer Aspire One Notebook. I have a strong WIFI signal and yet cannot open any browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) When I pick up an outside unsecured WIFI signal I am able to use my browsers without any problem. I have tried several of the answers listed on different forums as well as reformatting my notebook - still no success. So-using my own WIFI which shows a strong signal I am unable to use the browsers yet when I use another signal there is no problem. If I am connected directly via cable to the internet then I am also able to open the browsers without any problems. What suggestions? Thanks
Hi Volker and welcome to the WTT forums, Sorry to hear about the wi-fi issue on your home network. Its is good that your Internet works correctly when connected wirelessly on a different (unsecured) network but not on your home network. I think the first thing to do is to: 1 power cycle your modem /router and then close down your computer, and restart it after 2 minutes…. see if there is any connection 2 If there is still no connection then enter the router/Wireless Access Point set up page and remove on a temporary basis the encryption that is being used (WPA2 ,WPA, WEP etc ) so the wif-fi is not secured… Try a short test…do you now have a good Internet connection? Post back with exact make and model number of your Acer, your modem/router/wireless Access Point… if you need more detailed instructions on a particular part of any of these suggestions. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI