Hardware
Network Controller yellow triangle
5 min read
pitasmom
Uh oh…that doesn't sound good! lol
I ran the winsockxpfix. First went to run the registry backup just in case and it had errors saving files BUT I now have Internet connection!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! I also have a trojan horse generic7.GTO was found in system32….so…should I now take this issue over to the other forum dealing with attacks? Apparently it wants to run with the internet. :-(
LDTate
Yes. Post a HijackThis logI also have a trojan horse generic7.GTO was found in system32….so…should I now take this issue over to the other forum dealing with attacks? Apparently it wants to run with the internet. :-(
http://forums.whatthetech.com/HijackThis_L…emoval_f27.html
pitasmom
Seriously, thank you soooo much. I can't tell you how great it feels to actually be getting somewhere and now I know I can work directly from that computer, it will make life so much simpler.
Thanks again!! 
LDTate
You're welcome. We don't know how infected it is yet, but will do our best to clean it up.Seriously, thank you soooo much. I can't tell you how great it feels to actually be getting somewhere and now I know I can work directly from that computer, it will make life so much simpler.
Thanks again!!
LDTate
Solved in the HJT forum 
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI