I recently purchased a computer with windows XP.
I have put the network controller in but when I go to install it there is a "?" next to the name and it says the drivers for it are not installed.
In order to install the drivers I need to get onto the internet.
In order to get onto the internet I need to install the drivers.
Anyone know what I can do?
Hi and welcome to the WTT forums
Sorry to hear of the problem..Xp is usually pretty smart and is often able to install a driver that will do the trick….
If you have tried uninstalling it from Device Mamager, then closing down your computer, waiting 30 seconds with a blank black screen and then restating your machine, and XP still has been unable to find the driver for it that will work, then the easiest way is to use the driver disc that came with the controller……
If you can't find this then yes its off to the Internet to download the correct one …….
You may have to go see a chum who has Internet access or use the facility at a local library, school, community centre etc (or you could use the machine you are using now for this!)
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI