Agreed - I post links to good sites and programs all the time (for example, see my "canned text" Cleaning Out Malware). The rules are pretty clear and common sense. No bad or offensive sites, and no links to sites or products where you may have a financial interest. If unsure if a site is bad or not, do not post it as a link - for example, you might use www dot google dot com instead of www.google.com.
If you post a link to a questionable site, and a future reader clicks on it and infects his machine, that would not be cool!
BTW - most folks recommend running a (as in 1) anti-spyware program "in memory" for real-time, active scanning. I note malwarebytes requires you to register to get real-time protection. I don't know if registered means pay, but often it does. If that is the case, I recommend you pay, or use another product that does offer real-time protection.
Ok, Another good site is stopbadware dot org
It lists all programs that include spyware and also sites that install spyware and such things.
Very nice they have put a website on the web with that information on it.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI