Software
New Vista System - Which Anti-adware To Use?
1 min read
Deleted Member
Topic Starter
I recently bought a Vista machine. It seems to already have "Windows Defender" installed and running. I removed Norton and downloaded and installed AVG anti-virus software.
I've used spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster on my older system, XP.
Anyone have recommendations for anti-spyware programs to run on Vista? Can I run them simultaneously, or do they interfere with each other (e.g. can't run AVG & Norton antivirus at the same time)
thanks in advance,
Linda
tallin
I recently bought a Vista machine. It seems to already have "Windows Defender" installed and running. I removed Norton and downloaded and installed AVG anti-virus software.
I've used spybot Search & Destroy and Spyware Blaster on my older system, XP.
Anyone have recommendations for anti-spyware programs to run on Vista? Can I run them simultaneously, or do they interfere with each other (e.g. can't run AVG & Norton antivirus at the same time)
thanks in advance,
Linda
Hi Linda,
Firstly I myself uninstalled "Windows Defender". Why you may ask? because reading many forums including this one it is stated as quite useless.
Try this link for information http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6638_102-0.htm…ssageID=2445827
If you have more than one Antispyware installed it is better to run them manually and not scheduled. Reason being not so many processes running in Windows Task Manager and a quicker boot up.
It is an absolute no no to have more than one Antivirus program installed on your machine as they will conflict. Choose one and uninstall the other please.
Please post back if the above information does not fulfill your requirement.
Kind regards,
zbd
AVG anti spyware and Spybot S&D are good programs. Run as stand alone.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Anti-Spyware_d5287.html
Agree that Windows Defender is useless.
Keep Spywareblaster
I've also found Advanced windows care is great.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html.
http://www.majorgeeks.com/AVG_Anti-Spyware_d5287.html
Agree that Windows Defender is useless.
Keep Spywareblaster
I've also found Advanced windows care is great.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI