This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Direct 3D not working

17 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

No SiSandra is a static "inventory" type utility. Good for what it does….

The Futuremark bench mark test 3DMark 05 is "dynamic" and will report "performance" in bits per second, frame refresh stats, and special features.
It will also give you a comparison base of other similar machines.
Greetings Sshaddow

What bugs me is this

AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
D3D8 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
D3D9 Test Result: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available


AGP as understand it in conjunction with a dxdiag report is a bit of a misnomer, because it also refers to texture acceleration in PCI Express cards too.

This is microsofts take on this, you should take a look at it —>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810772

I am thinking you need to see if you can enable the agp either in bios, or get the chipset drivers in for your motherboard if the Microsoft article seems to apply to you.

I had seen Ztrucker had mentioned it before, but did not know if you had attempted any of that.

I was also expecting to see some video acceleration lines, but I could be mistaken.

On a display tab in Dxdiag you might see a button to enable agp texture, have a look. Enable it if you can, note if it is grayed out.

Regards

Kaz
@Kazzoo - I can see the option and it has been enabled the whole time. I do not remember see any kind of AGP options in my Bios. @Doug - How do I share the results of my 3DMark test with you?
Can you guys read anything from this? The first FPS value is mine and the second is the best. I am still not sure how to link the results of the tests. 3DMark Score - 11462.0 3DMarks Game Tests GT1 - Return To Proxycon 43.26 FPS 132.3 FPS GT2 - Firefly Forest 34.12 FPS 104.68 FPS GT3 - Canyon Flight 65.3 FPS 276.95 FPS CPU Score - 6197.0 CPUMarks CPU Tests CPU Test 1 2.78 FPS N/A CPU Test 2 6.13 FPS N/A

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI