This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

LAN instant messages

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just installed a LAN in office messaging program. Works on all computers but one. The one it doesn't work on is the newest computer in the office. Maybe 2 months old if that. I have a feeling this is a simple security issue, but can't seem to find it. I can send messages to anyone in the office, just can't receive them. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Regards, Cricket
Hello, This sounds like a fire wall issue. Please tell me what OS you are using, as well as fire wall, and security programs. It may be a simple setting in your fire wall to allow IM.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI