This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

videos hang up frequently

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I run Windows 2000. There are many, many times that I run videos on Yahoo or CNN or Real Player, etc and they get hung up. I run CCleaner quite a bit and that helps. However I continue to have hang ups. Is my virtual memory getting filled? And if so is there any way to correct that? What is happening?
Some questions come to mind: :D How much real memory do you have? How much free space is there on the hard drive? What are your virtual memory settings?
Not quite sure what real memory is. I have a 37.2 GB Hard Drive with 24 GB used, 13.2 GB free. The RAM is 1 GB (1,048,048 KB). On the Task Mgr the physical memory available is 225,608 and the system cache is 383,444. When I click control panel/system/advanced tab/performance options it indicates 384 MB under the virtual memory. The I click on CHANGE under virtual memory and it indicates TOTAL PAGING FILE SIZE FOR ALL DRIVES - min allowed: 2MB; recommended: 1534MB; currently allowed: 384MB; current registry size: 34MB; max registry size: 54MB.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI