My desktop is Windows 2000 Professional. I have 1.0GB Ram with 40 GB HD memory with 11GB still free. My computer is hanging up on some pages. For instance (1) sites with videos (2) certain sites that have java script (3) this site initially then I was able to get through to this page. I have run Spybot, Registry Booster and CCleaner (perhaps 1 x 2/wks). When I click on Task Mgr/Perfermance it indicates Physical Memory (K): Available 546108 (keeps changing); System Cache 303353 (keeps changing) and 1048048 (stays the same). And CPU usage varies between 2% and 8% with quick jumps to 52%. I'm not sure what all this means but thought it might help in your diagnosis. Thanks for any assistance you might give. You guys are great!
Hey there,
First off, I'd like to warn you not to run 'Registry Boosters' unless you have been asked to do so by an expert.
Most of the time, they cause more trouble than they actually help.
Also, if you haven't already done so, please start a new thread here and post your HijackThis log there for experts to help you remove malware (if present) from your computer.
For more information on how to post a HijackThis log, please click here
I'm having trouble with the HJT download. I saved it to my desktop and when clicking that icon it asks what program I want HJT to use to open the HJTInstall with. so I selected NOTEPAD. And the next screen is Notepad with a bunch of strange symbols on it. I don't ever get an install screen. When I click my old HJT icon (that I installed several years ago) I get the Log in Wordpad but the Whatthetech screen that I try to copy the file to won't accept it b/c the file is outdated: "You were redirected automatically here while trying to post your HijackThis log, it is most likely because you are using an outdated version of HijackThis!
Please download HijackThis v2.0.2 from here." What is the best route to take now?
Please go to Add and Remove and find the old installation of HJT, highlight it and click Remove. Make sure while there that no other installations of HJT are installed.
Then open your C:\Drive > Program Files > Trendmicro Folder and delete any old installation files that maybe remaining. Reboot, then follow this link (already given by Cyborg) scroll toward the bottom to download, install and run the new HJT version 2.0.0.2.
I have copied my HJT log to the site (where you had told me). That was Nov 16th. No one has responded yet. I also put a HJT log up on March 25, 2008 and no one responded. It must take longer for the HJT experts to get to all of our files? I would guess I shouldn't put any ADD REPLY onto that thread b/c helpers will avoid those topics with 2 or more on them … correct?
We apologise for your logs not being answered especially the 25th March 2008 post, and now again 16th November. As you can see the Malware fighters are inundated with logs to analise.
Please post a reminder to this link so your log will be answered quickly.
You are correct, please do not reply to your own log as the Malware fighters look for posts with no replies.
Good luck with kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI