cvlooper
Topic Starter
SSIA…I can't reach my hotmail account from my computer. From what I can remember, I encountered this problem after normal use of my computer during the day, being able to access hotmail, then later that night I could no longer get into my account. I have logged in to my account on 3 other computers with no issues.
I am using a Gateway Laptop: MT6451 with Vista Home Premium. This computer is one day short of a year old.
I didn't download any programs or change any settings before this occurred. I've tried everything I know to resolve this issue:
I have run the windows diagnostic device and it doesn't recognize any issues with my connection.
I have checked security settings of IE7.
I have reset my IE7 settings
I have disabled firewall to attempt to connect.
I have disabled virus and malware software to attempt connection.
I have deleted all browser history (temp files, cookies, history, etc.).
I have disabled addons to attempt connection
I have logged in as a guest and tried.
I have tried over three different networks.
I have pinged an IP and a website and both showed no abnormalities.
I have restored my computer to a previous setting when I was able to access hotmail…that didn't work
I have run Windows Malicious Software Removal
Probably forgetting a couple…
Three days before this problem occurred, I did run Windows Live OneCare saftey scanner and removed a few items from my registry but I looked into them before removal and I don't think I got rid of anything relevant to this problem. Also, I decided to try out several antivirus programs, using trial versions, to see which one I preferred so I have installed/uninstalled quite a few antivirus software (AVG, Norton, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, and a few others I can't remember). I recently began using PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus (full, paid version) along with Threatfire as my security software. My computer slowed down after installing both of these programs, but I was still able to access my hotmail. What else…
I've had communication with Gateway support and they didn't provide much help. After chatting with a tech support guy, he told me that a full system restore or recovery would be necessary if restoring to a previous date did not work (it didn't). I thought this seemed rather extreme just to be able to access my hotmail! I am trying to avoid this for several reasons, but maybe it would be for the best.
The logs below are of my computer running from a previous restore point.
I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided. I've spent too much time on this problem to give up now!
Thanks in advance,
loop
HijackThis system scan:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:17:09 AM, on 1/19/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\google\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ThreatFire] C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - https://support.gateway.com/support/profiler//PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by133w.bay133.mail.live.com/mail/re…es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/0870dc0141101c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3} (CamImage Class) - http://66.255.127.85/AxisCamControl.ocx
O16 - DPF: {B7D07999-2ADB-4AEB-997E-F61CB7B2E2CD} (TSEasyInstallX Control) - http://www.trendsecure.com/easy_install/_a…asyInstallX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab56649.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
–
End of file - 7949 bytes
HijackThis startup scan:
StartupList report, 1/19/2008, 12:20:57 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
* Using default options
==================================================
Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
————————————————–
Checking Windows NT UserInit:
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,
————————————————–
Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SMSERIAL = C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
SynTPEnh = C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Broadcom Wireless Manager UI = C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
ATICCC = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
Windows Defender = %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
WinampAgent = "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
TkBellExe = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
ThreatFire = C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
SDTray = "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
————————————————–
Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ehTray.exe = C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
(Default) =
StartCCC = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
————————————————–
Shell & screensaver key from C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI:
Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*
Shell & screensaver key from Registry:
Shell=explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\Windows\system32\Aurora.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*
Policies Shell key:
HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
————————————————–
Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
Skype add-on (mastermind) - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
Browser Address Error Redirector - c:\google\BAE.dll - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
————————————————–
Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:
User_Feed_Synchronization-{8774AFC1-16BF-48B0-A72D-55D0E1BB698F}.job
————————————————–
Enumerating Download Program Files:
[PCPitstop Utility]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\PCPitstop.dll
CODEBASE = https://support.gateway.com/support/profiler//PCPitStop.CAB
[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\system32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/b…heckControl.cab
[MSN Photo Upload Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\MsnPUpld.dll
CODEBASE = http://by133w.bay133.mail.live.com/mail/re…es/MsnPUpld.cab
[RdxIE Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\RdxIE.dll
CODEBASE = http://software-dl.real.com/0870dc0141101c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
[{8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C}]
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash…t/ultrashim.cab
[CamImage Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\AxisCamControl.ocx
CODEBASE = http://66.255.127.85/AxisCamControl.ocx
[TSEasyInstallX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\DOWNLO~1\TSEASY~1.OCX
CODEBASE = http://www.trendsecure.com/easy_install/_a…asyInstallX.CAB
[MSN Games - Installer]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ZIntro.ocx
CODEBASE = http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab56649.cab
————————————————–
Enumerating Winsock LSP files:
NameSpace #1: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
NameSpace #4: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
NameSpace #5: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
NameSpace #6: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
————————————————–
Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:
WebCheck: C:\Windows\system32\webcheck.dll
————————————————–
End of report, 7,414 bytes
Report generated in 0.078 seconds
Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only
I am using a Gateway Laptop: MT6451 with Vista Home Premium. This computer is one day short of a year old.
I didn't download any programs or change any settings before this occurred. I've tried everything I know to resolve this issue:
I have run the windows diagnostic device and it doesn't recognize any issues with my connection.
I have checked security settings of IE7.
I have reset my IE7 settings
I have disabled firewall to attempt to connect.
I have disabled virus and malware software to attempt connection.
I have deleted all browser history (temp files, cookies, history, etc.).
I have disabled addons to attempt connection
I have logged in as a guest and tried.
I have tried over three different networks.
I have pinged an IP and a website and both showed no abnormalities.
I have restored my computer to a previous setting when I was able to access hotmail…that didn't work
I have run Windows Malicious Software Removal
Probably forgetting a couple…
Three days before this problem occurred, I did run Windows Live OneCare saftey scanner and removed a few items from my registry but I looked into them before removal and I don't think I got rid of anything relevant to this problem. Also, I decided to try out several antivirus programs, using trial versions, to see which one I preferred so I have installed/uninstalled quite a few antivirus software (AVG, Norton, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, and a few others I can't remember). I recently began using PCTools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus (full, paid version) along with Threatfire as my security software. My computer slowed down after installing both of these programs, but I was still able to access my hotmail. What else…
I've had communication with Gateway support and they didn't provide much help. After chatting with a tech support guy, he told me that a full system restore or recovery would be necessary if restoring to a previous date did not work (it didn't). I thought this seemed rather extreme just to be able to access my hotmail! I am trying to avoid this for several reasons, but maybe it would be for the best.
The logs below are of my computer running from a previous restore point.
I would greatly appreciate any help that can be provided. I've spent too much time on this problem to give up now!
Thanks in advance,
loop
HijackThis system scan:
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:17:09 AM, on 1/19/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gateway.com/g/startpage.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.gateway.com/g/sidepanel.html?Ch…TB&M=MT6451
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Skype add-on (mastermind) - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Browser Address Error Redirector - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - c:\google\BAE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ThreatFire] C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SDTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Skype - {77BF5300-1474-4EC7-9980-D32B190E9B07} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - https://support.gateway.com/support/profiler//PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by133w.bay133.mail.live.com/mail/re…es/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://software-dl.real.com/0870dc0141101c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {917623D1-D8E5-11D2-BE8B-00104B06BDE3} (CamImage Class) - http://66.255.127.85/AxisCamControl.ocx
O16 - DPF: {B7D07999-2ADB-4AEB-997E-F61CB7B2E2CD} (TSEasyInstallX Control) - http://www.trendsecure.com/easy_install/_a…asyInstallX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab56649.cab
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: BrSplService (Brother XP spl Service) - brother Industries Ltd - C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SigmaTel Audio Service (STacSV) - SigmaTel, Inc. - C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
O23 - Service: ThreatFire - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
–
End of file - 7949 bytes
HijackThis startup scan:
StartupList report, 1/19/2008, 12:20:57 AM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16575)
* Using default options
==================================================
Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\AUDIODG.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brsvc01a.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\brss01a.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\svcntaux.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\swdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\STacSV.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\WinMail.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
————————————————–
Checking Windows NT UserInit:
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\Windows\system32\userinit.exe,
————————————————–
Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
SMSERIAL = C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
SynTPEnh = C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Broadcom Wireless Manager UI = C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
ATICCC = "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\CLIStart.exe"
Windows Defender = %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
WinampAgent = "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
TkBellExe = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
ThreatFire = C:\Program Files\ThreatFire\TFTray.exe
SDTray = "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\SDTrayApp.exe"
————————————————–
Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
ehTray.exe = C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
(Default) =
StartCCC = C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
————————————————–
Shell & screensaver key from C:\Windows\SYSTEM.INI:
Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*
Shell & screensaver key from Registry:
Shell=explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\Windows\system32\Aurora.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*
Policies Shell key:
HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*
————————————————–
Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
Skype add-on (mastermind) - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\SkypeIEPlugin.dll - {22BF413B-C6D2-4d91-82A9-A0F997BA588C}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
Browser Address Error Redirector - c:\google\BAE.dll - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777}
————————————————–
Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:
User_Feed_Synchronization-{8774AFC1-16BF-48B0-A72D-55D0E1BB698F}.job
————————————————–
Enumerating Download Program Files:
[PCPitstop Utility]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\PCPitstop.dll
CODEBASE = https://support.gateway.com/support/profiler//PCPitStop.CAB
[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\system32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/b…heckControl.cab
[MSN Photo Upload Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\MsnPUpld.dll
CODEBASE = http://by133w.bay133.mail.live.com/mail/re…es/MsnPUpld.cab
[RdxIE Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\RdxIE.dll
CODEBASE = http://software-dl.real.com/0870dc0141101c…ip/RdxIE601.cab
[{8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C}]
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash…t/ultrashim.cab
[CamImage Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\AxisCamControl.ocx
CODEBASE = http://66.255.127.85/AxisCamControl.ocx
[TSEasyInstallX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\DOWNLO~1\TSEASY~1.OCX
CODEBASE = http://www.trendsecure.com/easy_install/_a…asyInstallX.CAB
[MSN Games - Installer]
InProcServer32 = C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\ZIntro.ocx
CODEBASE = http://cdn2.zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/…ro.cab56649.cab
————————————————–
Enumerating Winsock LSP files:
NameSpace #1: C:\Windows\system32\NLAapi.dll
NameSpace #4: C:\Windows\system32\napinsp.dll
NameSpace #5: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
NameSpace #6: C:\Windows\system32\pnrpnsp.dll
————————————————–
Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:
WebCheck: C:\Windows\system32\webcheck.dll
————————————————–
End of report, 7,414 bytes
Report generated in 0.078 seconds
Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only