This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] iexplore.exe has taken control of everything

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

You guys helped me so much the last time, I had to make a nice donation beacuse of your time and expertise and I really appreciate it. Whenever I try to do anything, a window pops up that says Windows Installer "Preparing to install". Everything freezes until this screen just disappears after about 1 minute. When I run the Windows Task Manager, it says the process is (iexplorer.exe). I ran hijack this and once I saw it in there and then another time I did not. My computer is virtually frozen because of this. I do not know what it is trying to install. I had trouble connecting to the internet 2 days ago. I had a "pro" come out and look at it and he finally determined it was my wireless router. I went out and purchased a D-Link, installed at and everything was running fine. This "pro" first came in and starting deleting "junk" but I think he did something else. I'm running Windows XP Home. Thanks in advance!!!!
You could try System Restore. 1. Click Start. 2. Point to All Programs. 3. Point to Accessories. 4. Point to System Tools. 5. Click System Restore. 6. Follow the instructions on the wizard. See if you can find a date the the PC worked.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI