This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Runtime Error

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Nikon Coolpix camera with PictureProject transfer software. Just recently I started getting this error:

—————————
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
—————————
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Nikon\PictureProject\NkbTransfer.exe


This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

—————————
OK
—————————

I have tried removing the software and reinstalling but that has not made a difference. I uninstalled .NET Framework 2.0 and reinstalled and still no difference. Please help.
Hello srehberger,

Sorry you are having problems with your system.

You are also in the wrong sub-forum here, but one of the Administrators will come by to transfer your post to Other Software sub-forum in time. Please to not start another thread, just continue on here……..thanks

I suggest you do the following. You will not have a report at the end of this scan, so reboot after it disappears from the desktop and then see if the same error is evident.

king regards,
______________________________________

Windows Protected System File Checker SFC

Start>Run
type:
sfc /scannow (note the space)
Have your Win XP installation disc handy as if damaged files are found they will need to be copied across from your disc, if SFC can't find correct copies elsewhere.

Windows XP Installation disc not available or wrong Service Pack ie SP1 when SP2 is needed

There are work- arounds to this problem but the easiest, by far is to borrow one and use that. It is perfectly OK to do this, for the purposes of running SFC,and if you ask around all your friends, you are likely to find someone who will be able to help you out.
Hi srehberger,

Sorry to see you are having this difficulty.
Did the suggestion from Abydos help you make any progress?

I'll watch for your reply in case you do need additional assistance.

In the meantime, I'll move this thread over to Other Software, where others may notice and offer assistance.

Best Regards
I too found this microsoft message and tried to run msconfig but the message indicates it cannot be found on my computer. Any other suggestions?
I just realized that my ISP was blocking these posts as "spam" so I am not just responding. The response from Tallin is not applicable because I am running Windows 2000 and not XP; however, I have Office XP. The microsoft solution from Abydos does not work.
Hi again Srehberger :)

Let me say from the start, I have no knowledge about win2000. So if I suggest something that can't be done in win2000, please notify me.

You say that it started recently (?) Have you installed other programs after? If yes, which?

The problem could also sound like either out of date system files or you have a conflict with another program.

Now. I would like you to download this program, which also works with win2000. Secunia PSI (Private software Inspector)

When done downloading and installing, open the program and find the tab named scan, do the scan.
If you have any out of date files, update as many you can. The program can even help you with that in most cases.
Especially update any system files or files regarding Microsoft updates.

See if this solves the problem.

If not.

I would like you to reboot into safe mode. Try and see if the program will run. If it will, without any error, we now know the "culprit" should be found among running programs / applications. Restart into normal mode. Start closing programs / applications one by one, carefully note each one you closes. Try start the program after each you closes, till it starts without error. The one last closed, will be the possible culprit, but it can be an combination. So start firing up the others one by one of those closed already.

I know its tedious, but hopefully you haven't tons of programs running B)

The Secunia PSI I would recommend you keep. Its just as important as being up to date with your software as normal security programs. As Out-of-date software can contain various holes to exploit with malicious programs. You can have it running in the tray or just start it once a week, or everyday if you want.

If neither approaches doesn't solve the problem, i'm afraid, I can only tell you to contact the dealer of the program, or Nikon.

Best of luck and kind regards

Abydos

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI