This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

uninstalliing and reinstalling new version of java

25 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good morning Tallin I just don't understand how java 5 is still showing I have check and recheck in add and remove and it is not there j2se or jre nothing regarding java. Any way I have uninstall java again and I'm going to download from the link from Doug post 23. O one more thing my computer is runing so much better just like new I can't thank you enough. :D
:thumbup: Hello cmckee,

So pleased your computer is running better for you.

Re J2SE Runtime Environment. As mentioned in my last post you cannot go wrong if you follow Doug's post #23.

Just on the outdated Java in your pit test. To find them just go into the test and click Installed Software, scroll down and you will see both there if you have not already uninstalled them and installed the latest 6.4 update and done a new pit test.

It is noted as J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5 #9 from the bottom. Also you have #3 from the top in Installed Software another outdated and vulnerable Java™ 6 Update 3.

kind regards, :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI