I have the MS Defragment program, but there are still a number of fragmented files, is there anything I can do this, or will there there always be some fragmented files?
The main reason I am asking this is because my unchached speed for my hard drives is at 1 MB/s, whereas PcPitStop says that it should be around 22 MB/s. So if anyone can give me pointers on what to do it would be great! I have deleted tons of my files and cleared a lot of space and done all the steps PCpitstop has given me; DMA enabled, no disk compression etc, but my computer is STILL slower than snail mail!
I notice you have posted two HJT logs 30th Dec. '07 and 4th Jan. 08 respectively with no answer to either. I apologise about that, the forum is very very busy.
Please post a new HJT log in the correct forum with a short message at the top saying you have posted twice before with no reply and also leave reference to this link and your previous link so that the experts know we have attempted to help you.
If no answer after 5 days, please post to this link a small gentle reminder asking for an experts help.
kind regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI