This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Time and Day showing in Taskbar

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The Taskbar on my Dell laptop has both the time and day showing, I want just the time (I know, opposite of what is usually asked).

Taskbar is normal sized, not made larger by dragging. I suspect I did something, perhaps a registry edit, but I don't remember (old age - CRS). Any one have any idea how to get it back to normal with just the time showing?

I've already tried TaskBar RepairToolPlus! (full, paid for, version) but it did not make any difference. Here is a picture of what I mean.

[external image: Posted Image]

Nothing running that could cause this. I'm stumped.
Hi Ztruker,

I only brushed through this link, but I think the answer is at the bottom of the second page.

I am running Windows XP/SP2 with the Classic Theme and this only shows the time in the taskbar with the day under the time. If you hover the mouse over the time you get the day and date.

Hope this helps. :)

kind regards,
Thanks Tallin, changing the scheme from Windows XP to Windows Classic fixed it. Changing back again it stayed fixed. I would never have guessed that as a fix, very weird. My taskbar is normal sized again with just the time showing, Yeah! :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI