This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Autorun not working.. possible reg problem?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having a problem with my autorun CD … Most things I have read instruct me to edit the registry… while the CD ROM Reg. looks fine the Policies Reg. looks like its missing entries….I tried to add them but it didnt work … so afraid I would get the blue screen of death I deleted what I added…. I have uploaded 2 screen shots of the two registry entries directed to modify… would appreciate any help!! Thank You!
Have you tried to just simply go to mycomputer and right click on the cdrom icon and go to properties and then auto run ,and choose the program you want to auto run each ,file type /disk type
My apologies I have gone to My Computer and right clicked on each drive and made sure each one was set to autorun. They still do not autoplay. I realize its not the end of the world…. I am capable of clicking them each time I want them to play… I don't understand why it was ever disabled and would prefer to have the feature back. I am at your mercy…. Your time is appreciated- Thank You!
Try the Autoplay Repair Wizard from Microsoft:

You must have a valid, WGA certifiable XP installation to download this wizard.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI