drragostea
Topic Starter
I plan to backup my documents and data after two months, and my external drive seems to be doing well. It boots and is able to be safely removed.
I've disabled autorun (I do not want Autoplay, via right clicking my drive in My Computer) almost several months ago, I recalled I edited a registry key, but I want to reenable it again, as my PC is only used by me and I rarely plug in any USBs or DVDs.
Google does not help as I'm getting "mixed results". Some direct me to enable CD-Roms, others direct me to disable Autorun/Autoplay…
The reason I'm here is because my Seagate Manager software is not detecting the drive, so I thought playing around with Autorun might help. Seagate support forums is not that supportive either, since it's a one man show.
Does the answer I'm looking for looking something like this?
I've disabled autorun (I do not want Autoplay, via right clicking my drive in My Computer) almost several months ago, I recalled I edited a registry key, but I want to reenable it again, as my PC is only used by me and I rarely plug in any USBs or DVDs.
Google does not help as I'm getting "mixed results". Some direct me to enable CD-Roms, others direct me to disable Autorun/Autoplay…
The reason I'm here is because my Seagate Manager software is not detecting the drive, so I thought playing around with Autorun might help. Seagate support forums is not that supportive either, since it's a one man show.
Does the answer I'm looking for looking something like this?
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
“NoDriveTypeAutoRun”