This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ok bad registry problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just had to add two keys to the reg. one for help and the other for msconfig.

I found that I am missing files including:
  • all the jpg gif png bmp etc
  • scanreg.exe and scanregw.exe
  • who knows what else
Does anyone know of a way to repair the reg, and missing files without entering xp setup??

I do have the disk and will use it if i have to.


FYI = I just re-installed windows.
Click \start\run\then type in or paste in

sfc /scannow


You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run sfc.

If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the %systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder, and then replaces the incorrect file.
went kinda quick (5-7 sec) ok, here it is, I reinstalled xp, came across a prob when i clicked start, help. no help avail. gave me error, so i entered reg entry for that. MSCONFIG same Now, I seem to be missing loads of files related to the os. first of all start> all pro's > accessories > system tools only has 3 entries no administrative tools anywhere. also, all the pics for the os i had to expand from the disk. Were not on the hd. (now they are in c:\ huh) I cannot install any microsoft updates, it dont even download them

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI