Vista home premium worked fine on my computer for several months, I have an intel core 2 e4400 2.0ghz processor, 3 (1) gig kingston ram, intel dg965wh board, 250gb western digital harddrive, and a geforce 7600 graphics card. Vista home premium, norton antivirus, and office 2003
a few days ago my computer did somthing funny, it slowed down and when i put my coursor over the internet connection icon it said server execution failed. after searching the web and my computer for answers i decided to reinstall vista, i did a clean install and the problem seemed to be fixed, when i looked at the icon it said not connected to a network instead of server execution failed.
Vista seemed to load fine and fast, but when it loaded completly the programs were very slow, When the welcome center loaded i clicked connect to the internet option, and after waiting about three minute for the connection options to load, i clicked connect to a wireless network and immediatly the program stopped responding.
Along with the internet troubles i tried to install some of my software like: pinnacle HDTV pci card, adobe, microsoft flight simulator. The issue with installing my software was it would install about three-fourths of the way and then hang, eventually i would have to stop the installation.
To fix these problems i tried to reinstalled vista and the same issues occur on first boot before i installed any software.
I booted into in safe mode and safe mode with networking with just the vital drivers and the same issues happened.
Thanks in advance for any help or insite that you could provide.
dear tallin
thank you so much for your reply, i looked over the sites and downloaded a few of the tools, i havent tried them yet
but i would to thank you for your help on this very happpy new years day. here in the states.
I do not have Vista, and will hang on to XP as long as it is supported.
All the really good techs on this site are asleep at the moment so if you wait until your morning you will get more help I am sure.
Are you cold? It is 39C here in Victoria where I am staying for the festive season. I return to Queensland my home state in the morning.
Do not forget that Google is your very best friend at times like you are experiencing with your problem.
I notice 'without success' you have posted on two other forums with the same problem. I hope they answer you also as the more help you can get the better. We encourage help from all places here on WTT
thanks for responding,
i did post on several other forums to recieve as much help as possible,
it is pretty cold here, in the U.S. were i am it is about 15F (-9C) with the wind chill of -1F
it very rarly even in the summer does it reach 39C
after racking my brain with possible fixes, doing memory diagnostics, formating and reinstalling vista, i finally found an a fix to the problem. The whole problem lay within the wirless usb network adapter. I just assumed that the problem was with vista not the network adapter. i figured it was with vista because the programs were slow and stopped responding.
But yesterday i went to Best Buy and bought a a new adapter and on the first try the computer connected, the programs were fast and were completly responsive, i am so happy, just upset that i didnt realize it in the first place, it could have saved me from the reinstall.
thank you for your replies, and help on this problem
Hi dijunky,
Good work, well done.
It was good of you to post back and tell us the outcome. Many times we do not know if the poster gets the fix elsewhere although we have done our best to help. You are a rarity and I thank you again for posting your result.
Good luck and a very successful 2008 to you.
kind regards,
Tallin
You have been a great help, not just with your computer knowlege but with your friendliness and eagerness to help others have difficulties. I have had a great experience here on WTT, you have been very kind and understanding. I am sure i will be on this site again in the days and weeks to come and I look forward to dealing with you and the rest of the WTT community.
Once again thank you for your dedication and willingness to help me and all others.
P'm late to the gate on this one .
I would never use a USB adapter for my network connection. I don't know how many I've replaced due to network problems over the years but at least 15. In every case, I replaced it with a PCI ethernet card and the problem has never come back. One guy insisted on USB until after the 3rd one failed, then I finally talked him into a PCI ethernet card and have not heard from him since.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI