This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista OS frozen

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Have just read the posts on another thread about the problems with Vista. I encountered considerable freezing of the Vista OS so used system restore and took the PC back to when Vista was first loaded which solved the problem, but, I had to start from the beginning to download all updates and other programs that were also removed. In the process all went well until I upgraded to SP2 which took me back to square one! I cannot open the system sufficiently long enough to solve any problem so purchased another used PC of the same spec from Ebay and I am waiting for its arrival. On reading the posts on the other thread I am hoping that the problem might be sloved if I can get it operating long enough to download some of the programs that might help to rectify the problem. Vista, until SP2 was downloaded, operated successfully. Problems, problems, problems (or is it bloody Vista, or is it me)!
I don't think it's Vista …. I beta tested SP2 and have the release installed on my Vista Business computer. I've had no problems with it at all. Were you sure your computer was clean of any malware before you tried to install SP2?
Other than to say that when Vista was 1st installed it was on a formatted disk (http://www.dban.org) so presumably it was a clean install. However, I gave the PC to my 12 year old grandson for gaming but had it returned with a couple of weeks saying that it kept freezing. It was at this point that I took it back to the original setup. I would like to re-install afresh but cannot stop it from freezing long enough to enable the disk to be wiped clean. Within seconds of it opening it freezes. I was wondering if it was a hardware problem and that is why I purchased the other PC (awaiting delivery) with the same spec for £50.00. I had thought that it would give me something to help troubleshoot the problem. If I am able to resolve the problem I can auction the spare PC on Ebay to recoup some of the expenditure. If you have any better suggestions then welcome to my world! The PC is a Packard Bell; Intel 4, 3.0 GHZ; 3000MB DDR memory; 160GB Sata HDD. It was purchased retail but did not come with any disks. I guess it is about 5/6 years old.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI