Hey, guys. I was just wondering if I had a full legitimate retail copy of windows XP installed on 1 computer… and that computer broke… would I be able to install that same copy into a new computer?
As long as that copy was bought off the shelf, that is, it was not sold as part of the package with your old computer, you can. Most that come with PCs are OEM versions, but you said this one was a retail so that is good. AND since the old computer broke and this is not just an upgrade because you want to upgrade, then again, you should be alright. However, you must ensure the installation on the old computer's hard drive is never used elsewhere.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI