I'm currently paying for a McAfee Security Center subscription, and while I've had no real complaints aside from the usual extra taxing on system resources (that seems to be unavoidable), Bell Sympatico has offered a free lifetime subscription to their in-house Security suite.
My question: Does anybody have any experience/info/advice on whether or not I should cancel my McAfee subscription and opt for Bell's free service? Or is Bell's service likely less effective and laden with problems as free company-pushed products tend to be?
Thanks folks.
Bell Sympatico contracts with Radialpoint, who contracts with other utility providers to assemble virus/spyware/trojan/spam/site blocking/firewall utilities for Sympatico to offer the customers at various levels of their service sales offerings in various locations.
What exact "package" you receive and what original author utilities are included may vary.
I have two disparate thoughts about such package deals.
1. Without such package deals, hundreds of thousands of Internet users would very likely remain unprotected or allow their protection to lapse into outdated and worthless condition. So having an ISP provided package may help all of us have a safer internet experience because there will be fewer unprotected machines.
2. I prefer to assemble my own choices of products into the protective package that I use for my own machines.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI