This is the other photo that I wanted to show you. Yesterday after this problem occured where it said Device Type (I Believe) it said the model number (Intel 82845G/GL/GE/ect.). I think the video driver was uninstalled on my computer and now I cannot reinstall it.
Hey, big update,
after searching over and over I finally have found my disk. It is a red disk that says "Drivers". For some reason this disk does not load correctly and it does not give the same options as the instructions, that came with the CD say.
ARGH :(.
Hi
OK
Try this.
1 In Device manager uninstall the devices that have a Yellow exclamation against them.
2 Close down your machine in the normal way.
3 Wait 30 seconds.(with a black, blank screen)
4 Reboot your computer
5 Windows should now "find" your controller and install the drivers for you.
Follow any on screen instructions.
Let us know how you go
Regards
paws
PS the reboot stage is very important, so please don't miss this out!
Sorry, this has been a very hectic weekend. I am going to do the instructions you offered.
(when I start my computer in safe-mode, when I uninstall the video controller and scan for hardware changes, it will say Intel 82845G/GE/ect.) but when not in safe-mode it will only display Video Controller VGA Compatible).
I will try instructions though.
Merry Chrismas
Hello there, I am back.
The solution that you offered did not work. The color is still in its lowest form and options to change the colors are not offered.
I would love to restart the whole driver thing, but when I put in the "Drivers" disk I get some error messages, and a screen that has absolutely no options to select on it. I think the problem with my computer may be larger than just color. Any ways around this? It is driving my crazy.
Hi, Just try uninstalling the driver, then rebooting and let Windows try to allocate a driver( don't insert a disc) let Windows connect to the Net to find the driver
Then reboot again and see if you can now alter display settings to a higher resolution
Regards
paws
EDIT: I think I found the problem. After installing all of the updates, I ended up downloading Windows Service Pack 2, and upon restart my colors were scattered again. I removed Service Pack 2 from my computer and it became fine once again. Is there a problem with the Service Pack 2 that has been announced or should I just keep my computer how it is set up? I am looking for updates including Internet Explorer 7 which require the Service Pack 2.
Hey, I would like to thank you for your help on this issue. Uninstalling and restarting would not work, disk restarting would not work, nothing would work, period.
Unfortunantly, I found out how to boot from CD and I restarted my whole Operating System. Big step, but I am back online, and my colors are working marvellously. I am updating my computer as we speak and hope to not run into this problem again. Thanks Paws :).
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI