This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS Update

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Received a big MS update the other day.  Loaded the update.  When I started up this morning, the update configured my machine and everything seemed to be OK.  Noticed that my resolution had changed.  Tried to change the resolution and had no luck.  Just seemed to make things worse.  Kind of paniced and went to restore.  Went back a couple of days.  ("may take a few minutes")  At least a half hour later, the restore seemed to work.  When the machine tried to boot up, Win tried twice and failed.  That put me into the Win startup failure resolve menu.  That seemed to get me back up with my origional configuration although I see the MS Security Essencials Icon is not on the task bar.  The program says its running although no icon.  Everything seems to be OK although the importance of good backups has been reinforced.  I guess my question is:  I think the update has been downloaded again.  I'm configured to download but not install without my appovial.  What should I do?  I don't want to go through this crap again but I don't want to pass up an important update. 

Win 7  Pro 64

Last update now shows as 4/06  KB 3035583

Moniter is SincMaster 1680X1050

 

Thanks, Johnny

Update.  The MS update downloaded and installed by itself - again.  Thought I was in trouble but this time, everything seems to be OK.  Monitor resolution and personal settings are all good.  Don't know why it messed up the first time but not the second.  Anyway, I guess we can close this unless anyone has a comment.

Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI