This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB port

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I do my monthly back up on my external hardrive I always get the message…. This USB device would perform quicker if you connect to a Hi-speed USB 2.0 port. I have checked the list (on the PC) and they all appear normal USBs and none of them Hi-speed. What do I have to do to get this Hi -speed one. thanks
Thanks for the reply digerati, I may well need to purchase one however when I first starting using the external hardrive I never got that message. I do think though that I have done a reformat since then.
If you reformatted and did not reinstall your motherboard drivers, then that may be the problem. Check your motherboard utilities disk, or the maker's website.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI