Don't Spam Me
Topic Starter
Now that my malware and Windows woes pretty much have been put to rest here at two other forums, I have but one question left:
What could be the culprit that limits the throughput on my four external hard disks, all connected through one and the same Dynex powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub, to a rather paltry 12 MB/sec, as reported both by PC PitStop and by HD Tune? I never paid much attention to it before, so I can't even tell if it used to be higher or not. But when I had to perform a restore / system rebuild about a year or two ago, the transfer of approx. 100 GB over this connection took a whopping 18 hours, which seems more in line with the old HiSpeed USB specification rather than the theoretical throughput on a USB 2.0 connected device.
A recent PC PitStop report is available here.
Any thoughts?
What could be the culprit that limits the throughput on my four external hard disks, all connected through one and the same Dynex powered 7-port USB 2.0 hub, to a rather paltry 12 MB/sec, as reported both by PC PitStop and by HD Tune? I never paid much attention to it before, so I can't even tell if it used to be higher or not. But when I had to perform a restore / system rebuild about a year or two ago, the transfer of approx. 100 GB over this connection took a whopping 18 hours, which seems more in line with the old HiSpeed USB specification rather than the theoretical throughput on a USB 2.0 connected device.
A recent PC PitStop report is available here.
Any thoughts?