loureed101
Topic Starter
recently my my previously working Netgear WG511U card seems to be causing my laptop to freeze 10 seconds after plugging it in. if it's left in while booting i freeze before getting to the welcome screen. without the card laptop works fine. this card had previously been working for almost a year.
i first posted in the virus removal/hijack this section. with the help of a tech, i cleaned the machine per his instructions and he advised me to now post here. below is the link to my original post.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/nephew_got_m…274#entry421274
The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad R32. P4 proc. @2.00 GHz. 512mb of RAM running Windows XP w/service pack 2 installed.
What was being done when the problem first occurred I don't know. My 10 year old nephew was most likely on the web. I was thinking he ok'd something to be downloaded & installed.
Thanks for helping.
i first posted in the virus removal/hijack this section. with the help of a tech, i cleaned the machine per his instructions and he advised me to now post here. below is the link to my original post.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/nephew_got_m…274#entry421274
The laptop is an IBM Thinkpad R32. P4 proc. @2.00 GHz. 512mb of RAM running Windows XP w/service pack 2 installed.
What was being done when the problem first occurred I don't know. My 10 year old nephew was most likely on the web. I was thinking he ok'd something to be downloaded & installed.
Thanks for helping.