I have a copy of Photoshop CS3 Extended Edition installed on my older computer. It installed perfectly fine and runs fine there. (Windows XP Home)
Now I have a new computer I tried installing it on because I won't be using my old one anymore but it does not install on it. (Windows Vista 32-bit)
The setup starts fine and installs the early components ok. But when it gets toward the end where it installs Photoshop CS3 it finishes up then lists the components that were installed. Everything else has a green ok check by it but Photoshop CS3 shows a red X saying this component could not be installed.
Are you installing from the "Upgrade" or "Full version" ?
If it is the "upgrade" version, are there other Adobe products that need to be installed before Photoshop CS3 Extended?
Probably have to have a basic Photoshop utility installed first?
hmmm. The above website also mentions "activation", which may be connected to a Product Identifying Number that has already been "used" when you installed it on your older XP system.
You may need to contact Adobe by phone to get a new PIN.
Hi
It has nothing to do with activation or pin number. You activate after it is installed and you run Photoshop. If you can't activate it , it just won't let you use it. But it would be installed. It's just not installing for some reason.
It's a full install.. not upgrade.
I'am pretty sure it has someting to do with Vista or something that's stopping it from installing it