Installing new Multifunction (printer-copier-fax ) Centre
3 min read
I am planning to install a new Brother Multi-function Centre (printer-scanner-copier-fax) with my Compaq Presario 5WV296 PC, running Windows XP opt.system. This unit will replace my present older printer and scanner. I am wondering if I should uninstall the existing printer and scanner software before installing the new multifunction centre software.
Any suggestion in this regard will be most appreciated.
Kindest regards, George King.
Hi George King,
I have always uninstalled existing
first before installing similar software.(printer-scanner-copier-fax)
What do the instructions mention regarding installing your new
Brother Multi-function Centre (printer-scanner-copier-fax
Important to read instructions of your installed Printer etc and of your intended installation. Have you got the CD for your existing installation which you may need if your new installation does not meet your expected expectations.
kind regards,
Greetings tallin:
and many thanks for your quick reply. I have read over the quick-install sheet that came with the Brother MFC and also the operating manual. I have not seen anything about unstalling the old existing software, but I will read much closer to see if it is written in fine print. Also, I'll searcch for the CD's of my existing installations. Thanks for your valuable help, I needed to check with someone like you on this forum to gain more confidence.
. Kindest personal regards, George
George, you are very welcome. If you find there is no warning about uninstalling you present setup, then as long as you have the space on your C:\Drive I do not see any reason not to go ahead and install the new, then when you are satisfied with the new, uninstall the old. A bit of a back flip for me, but surely they would warn you about like installations.
Best regards,
tallin, many thanks again for your quick reply and conclusion. With more confidence than I had before, I shall install the new and when satisfied that all is well with the new, I shall uninstall the old. tallin, it's people such as you that make these types of forums so valuable to people like me.
Kindest personal regards and much thanks. George.
Your are very welcome George and please let us know how you get on.
[external image: Posted Image]
Success, success, tallin
![]()
The new MFC is successfully installed and running as of today, Sunday, Dec. 2/07, 4:30 PM Atlantic Standard time here in Dartmouth,Nova Scotia. Canada. As I have said before,. your assistance is much appreciated. Also SEASON'S GREETINGS to you and your family. George King.
Well congratulations, Marvellous news. Thank you very much for posting back to tell us.
My goodness it would be cold where you are, here in Oz it is 25C and sunny
Enjoy your new equipment.
best regards,
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI